We went to a family reunion (Renita's Mom's side) on June 7. Because my Grandfather, Rex C., was not doing well, my sister Sheila and her family and the girls and I were the only ones from my Mom's family to be able to be there. Charlus and Teresa had begun their long journey from Kansas so they were on the road then.
After the reunion we stopped by Dave and Sheila's for a little while before meeting up with Scott in Austin at his parent's home. At the E's house, I took the opportunity to have a little auntie time with Cayden, reading a book, while Sheila packed for our beach trip!
Sunday after meeting we went out with Scott's parents and sister and her family. Here are four of the cousins outside the restaurant. (Blaire, Kjirsten, Brooke and Logan)
We had planned to leave Sunday after meeting for our beach trip but Saturday evening, my granddfather passed away. We know he has gone on to a reward but we do miss him so much. I feel very lucky to have had my grandparents for this long and for our daughter's to have known their great-grandparents so well. At 38 I lost my first grandmother and at 39 my first grandfather. I think it was pretty amazing to have been 38 and have all 4 grandparents still living. My other grandparents (Dad's side) live in OKC near my aunt now. We hope to see them this summer. This is a picture of Papa and Grandma C, taken near their 50th wedding anniversary, in 1991. They celebrated their 50th anniversary the day before Scott and I got married.

After the funeral on Tuesday, all 3 of we sisters and our families headed to South Padre Island. Of course I have TONS of pictures from that week but I'll spare you. ha This was the view off of our condo balcony. We had a great view every morning to wake up to.
The following are some miscellaneous pictures. We played alot of beach volleyball, swam alot, boogie boarded, built sandcastles, shopped, went sightseeing, and ate ALOT...and all came home with nice starter tans for the summer!
(See my sister Teresa's blog for more pictures!)
On Sunday, we started the long trek home. It is a 10 hour drive but Charlus and Teresa had a much longer drive...about 16 hours or so...so we really can't complain. We stopped on the way home and bought some valley oranges...a 25 pound bag for $12!! We've already had several and they're so good and juicy!!
We also came home to a garden that had grown by leaps and bounds!! The cucumbers have really started producing, as you can see!! And we had 4 squash that were so big I'm not sure we'll be able to eat them. We had 3 that were a great size for supper tonight, though. The corn has tassles and is getting so tall. My hostas and daisies were blooming! What a difference a week makes!
And, thanks to Brooke and Blaire, we are all unpacked and ready to start the week. We got home about 7 p.m. last night and by 8 p.m. we were all unpacked and starting laundry! Teamwork is awesome!!
5 comments:
How much fun to get with your family. We are going to the beach in florida with my family in a week and half. Looking forward to the trip. Looks like you all had so much fun. Alison Potter
How nice for all of you to spend time together!! We look forward to our Florida time in about three weeks!! Looks like your garden is doing very well!!
Loved your's and Teresa's pictures. It is obvious that the kids had a great time. Looks like life in the garden goes on while you vacation. I am about out of the cucumbers your Mom gave me and now I know where to go to get some more.
Fun times, fun times....now 12 long months before we look forward to another week long family beach trip. :)
tlb
Looks like y'all had a great time! What fun! And to come home to some great vegies...ummm ummm ummm! Can you send some of your tan my way? ;)
Post a Comment