What a busy week we've had...and it's only half way through! :) We are going to be so glad to get to convention tomorrow and be quiet and restful! Monday, 5th grade had a program at school. They sang 'America the Beautiful' and then did it again, but used sign language the second time. I thought I videoed part of it to post but can't get it to come up on the camera so I must've done something wrong. Tuesday, the city choir that Blaire is part of had their first concert. They sounded GREAT!! Also, to add to the updates, Blaire's soccer team finished 3rd in their division...not bad for their first season on the full field. Brooke's volleyball team still has 2 games left but so far, they are still undefeated. It's very exciting. Last night, the varsity team of the high school invited the girls to come watch their volleyball game and help them practice before hand. It was really a neat experience for them all! We saw alot of similarites between the varsity game and the college game we went to with Aunt Betsy last year at UT.
The pictures below are of this past Sunday evening when the girls and I made cakes and brownies to take to convention! It was great fun and something we look forward to every year! Also, there are pictures of Blaire's crafting Sunday evening. She made a hot pad to take to Nana at convention, a handkerchief to take to Papa, a hot pad for me and a hot pad that she made especially for the convention kitchen. I took it to the grounds on Monday, along with the cakes and brownies.




Blaire at her choir concert:

Blaire and Brooke with their friend Annika who went to the concert with us:
6 comments:
Wish we were at Mtn. Peak with you! Great job, Blaire on the potholders! I remember having a kit when I was young and I loved making those. What fun gifts!:)
Looks like y'all are having fun together. I remember making cookies with Mom every year for G'town when I was younger. Great memories...one day I'll be able to do the same with my kids.
I loved making potholders when I was a kid. :) Blaire's choir dress is much nicer than mine was back then. Mine was green, but it was ugly strechy material. BLECH! :)
Hope y'all had a wonderful convention!
Wow -- sounds like y'all have had loads of fun lately!! Love all the photos...tell Blaire I like that black, white, red dress she has on in those pics...CUTE!
Thought about you all at Mt Peak...
HUGS!!
Renita - re: Shauna's IPOD post...could you tell Scott I may not be one of his guys at work, but I need a shuffle too. I need a reward for...ummm...being a new mom again?? ;)
What fun times...I can remember baking with Mom for convention each year!! I thank my Mom for teaching to be such a great cook and to love it, too!! Your girls will be such wonderful cooks, too!:)
Post a Comment