Friday, October 10, 2008

I've been tagged!

I have been tagged by my cousin Mandy.

The rules are as follows:
Grab the nearest book.
Open the book to page 56.
Find the fifth sentence.
Post the text of the next two to five sentences in your journal/blog along with these instructions.
Don’t dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the intellectual one: pick the CLOSEST.
Tag five other people to do the same.

Unfortunately, our office is also Scott's trophy room so the only books anywhere near me right now are about Texas Whitetails, Safari's and Bass fishing. The closest one to me right now is A Sportsman's Life by Leigh Perkins with Geoffrey Norman. He's the guy who built the Orvis empire. This is not in my normal stack of books to read! :) But, you'll know for sure I did not cheat and go grab a book more interesting to me! :)

Page 56, fifth and sixth sentences: "Baird went to work for Orvis as a consultant, and immediately he began reworking the copy in the catalog so that it did more than just describe the product in nuts-and-bolts fashion. For example, he would describe what a rod could do and why it was just the thing for certain kinds of streams or conditions and make you feel like you just had to have it before you went fishing again."

Now if that doesn't make you just want to run out and grab a fly rod......... :)

Now, I understand I'm also supposed to tag five people. So, I will tag my sister, Teresa B, Kristen C, Traci K, Regina V and Shauna V.

2 comments:

C & T Bishop Blog said...

I am going straight to the Orvis website!! ;)

Unknown said...

Those are definitely cool and intellectual books!! Great library Scott!