And a little P.S. to Tracy K's comment on this post: No, I did not have a towel underneath on the practice drops! The 2 men were very offended at that idea...that I would think it might break! ha ha
Monday, May 4, 2009
The Great Egg Drop!
Brooke had a science project that was definitely meant to get the parents and kids working together! The idea was, using a small budget, some rather unusual resources and a challenge that seemed impossible, to build a device that safely protects an egg (raw) when dropped from the roof of the middle school building! The egg was supposed to reach the ground in one piece and uncracked! There were specific instructions for the design of the container and the parachute. I think my dad (Papa) and Scott had more fun than anyone! They planned and talked about this and went shopping together to get some of the needed items. And yes, they did let Brooke help! ha ha The most fun they had is seen in the last picture where they did several practice drops off of our balcony...each time successful! So, the day of the egg drop at school, when Brooke's egg was dropped from the top of the middle school building, hers was one of only 3 eggs that dropped, unharmed, out of 3 seventh grade honors classes! She made 100 on this project! :) Thanks Dad and Papa!!





And a little P.S. to Tracy K's comment on this post: No, I did not have a towel underneath on the practice drops! The 2 men were very offended at that idea...that I would think it might break! ha ha
And a little P.S. to Tracy K's comment on this post: No, I did not have a towel underneath on the practice drops! The 2 men were very offended at that idea...that I would think it might break! ha ha
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Looks like a fun project for all (especially those men)! You're brave letting your Dad launch that off of the top of the stairs (hope you had a towel under it just in case)! Some great engineering going on there!:)
That is just too cool!! Great job all!! :)
Pretty neat- I can just imagine how Dad loved helping with that! :)
This is wonderful, Brooke. One of three out of three classes, that is awsome. Don't let your Dad and Papa take to much credit. I am sure you had the ulitmate suggestion that kept the egg intact.
I am wanting to know if the glasses I see Scott wearing are OSHA safety approved? And where is the hard hat? Where is a good job site Safety Man when you need one?
This looks like a project that Brad will be helping our boys out on!!
Post a Comment