Monday, January 12, 2009

Update

I feel like I've neglected this blog since before the holidays but things have not slowed down. We had wonderful holidays in East Texas with my family, as I mentioned before. Between Christmas and New Years we spent a couple of days at The Gaylord Texan Resort in Grapevine. It was so nice and all the lights were still up and everything was decorated so beautifully. We saw the ice exhibit that you may have heard of before...14,000 square foot ice sculpture exhibit carved from two million pounds of ice! They keep it about 9 degrees inside so they provide parkas for you to wear through the exhibit. The girls and I even slid down the ice slide...interesting how fast you can slide on a sheet of ice and a parka while lying on your back. I felt quite foolish on the way down. ha Guess I'm not as much of a kid as I thought. Then we spent New Years Eve and part of the next day with some of our friends, Eric and Heidi W. and their family, in the Austin area before heading over to Scott's family gathering. We spent Friday through Monday with Scott's Mom and siblings and their families. A nice way to start the new year off.
This past Friday, Blaire had a New Years party at the house with 5 of her 11 year old friends...a giggly time was had by all, as you can imagine. Sheila and her 3 boys got in on the tail end of the party and spent Friday night and all day Saturday with us. We shopped and talked and had a great time!!
Well, this is the update without the pictures. Maybe I'll have a chance later to post pictures but don't hold your breath. I'm just glad to have a few minutes to write this post. Have a great week everyone!!

4 comments:

C & T Bishop Blog said...

Glad to see your blogging again...I'll be holding out for the photos... :)

Gloria said...

The Gaylord is a great place to spend a few days. It doesn't matter if the weather is frightful because the outside is undercover. It is a beautiful place, now if we could just get them to get some less expensive places to eat there!!!! If you need to do more shopping, Dillard's is having great sales. I was there this morning.

Us 4 said...

Glad to have you back in the blogging world!! I knew you were having a wonderful time after checking your sisters' blogs for updates. Thanks for helping Sheila get her blog started, it is so fun to watch her boys, too!;-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like y'all are having lots of fun! :) And the weather has been so wonderful (thank goodness we dont live up north, right!) that it just makes you want to get out and do stuff!