Monday, July 21, 2008

Back Again!!

Wow, the last few weeks I've had a hard time keeping up! The girls and I were so concerned that the summer has been flying by and we still have a list of things we wanted to do. So, we sat down with the calendar and our list and put "to do" items on specific dates and just scheduled them like you would a vacation plan. So, we have been swimming, shopping, visiting, going to Six Flags, and so much more...just having fun but not having time for much else, like blogging! I have a few pictures to post but don't have pictures of all our activities.
Brooke is playing in a summer volleyball league to prepare for her first try outs now that she is eligible to try out for middle school volleyball. We quickly found out that it is a good thing she is doing the summer league. The very first game we found that alot of the rules have changed now that they are in 7th grade volleyball! The net is higher, the serving line is further back and some of the rules have changed. So, we're glad she has the chance to learn the new rules before trying out for the team! Last Friday night my Aunt Gloria went with the girls and I to Brooke's volleyball game. It was fun having her along and I think she enjoyed it, too. We got in some visiting while watching the game and that made it double nice for me.
Now we are preparing to go to Happy Convention. The girls and I will go for all of it and Scott will fly in for the weekend. So, there is convention excitement in the air!! Blaire is downstairs right now baking cookies to take. Later this afternoon we are going to bake several cakes to take with us. But first, I'm taking the girls to the office to clean their teeth......what fun!! ha ha Oh, the pain of having a dental hygienist for a mother!! :)

Here is a little "catch-up" on some pictures:
These first 4 are from July 4 weekend when we visited Joel, Sarah, Weldon and Brynn. We loved their subdivision pool!




This picture of Brooke, Blaire, Weldon and Brynn is at The Woodlands. We girls and Weldon shopped, rode the river boat cruise, ate at Johnny Rockets (our first time) and just had alot of fun! Scott and Joel were out fishing the ocean.

While in the Houston area, the girls and I visited my Uncle Charles and Aunt Cathy and cousin Chip. We also had some quality time with Krawl!!


This is a picture from Six Flags. We had such a great time there, as always!

2 comments:

C & T Bishop Blog said...

WOW -- looks & sounds like you are having a GREAT Summer!!! Reminds me of our Summer's growing-up!! Wish I was there to join y'all!!!!!
Love & Hugs!!!!!!!
aunt t

Gloria said...

Glad you are "back again" and if I had not been with you Friday night I would have been sure you were lost. Liked the fun looking pictures.