Monday, December 15, 2008

Betty the Beta

Brooke got a beta a couple of weeks ago. As some of you will know,the really colorful betas are males but you can not put more than one male in a bowl because they kill each other! So, we have one very colorful male beta....named Betty. How could you call such a pretty fish Bob or Bill? :) I never expected this little fish to be very interesting but I have been so amused by Betty! He knows when it is feeding time and when he sees Brooke come near his bowl it's almost like a puppy who is excited to be fed! He swims around quickly and you can tell he is anxiously awaiting those 3 or 4 little "pebbles" to be dropped into the water!

6 comments:

Gloria said...

In the confused world we live in today I don't think it starange to have a male named Betty. ha And he is such a beautiful Betty.

C & T Bishop Blog said...

Oh, WOW -- Brooke forget to tell me Betty is a male!! Oh, well - he's very pretty...and I love the catchy name! "Betty the Beta, Betty the Beta, Betty the Beta..." ;)

All American Family said...

Very cool...isn't it amazing the "personality" fish can have...and birds too. Betty is just beautiful darhlin'.

Unknown said...

I use to have a beta. I just love 'em.. as you can tell, since I write a comic strip called "Beta Version 1.0" :)

Which reminds me, I need to post more of them on my blog!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Mom said...

I love Betty, Brooke!! He's beautiful! I agree - he's too pretty to be a Bob or Bill. Mom

Mom said...

I love Betty, Brooke!! I agree he's too pretty to be called Bob or Bill. Love, Mom