Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Keeping it Real


Well, if I'm going to do this blogging thing I'm going to have to commit to keeping it real and not just showing all the fun, happy stuff. This afternoon, I felt like the worst Mom ever. Blaire is my little baker. Her favorite thing to make is a sugar free, reduced-fat peanut butter cookie recipe we have. The cookies are yummy and she's made them numerous times. She wanted to make a quadruple batch today after school because this weekend we're going camping with some friends and she wanted to make enough for everyone. Long story short, I was responsible for taking them out of the oven and therein lies the 'keeping it real' part....I turned the timer off when it sounded but did not take the cookies out of the oven. I was wrapped up in making supper and I probably turned the timer off thinking I'd get the cookies out right after I did something else. I ruined a quadruple batch of peanut butter cookies she had worked so hard on. Can you imagine how I felt? But, I did learn a lesson...the spirit of a child...she was so forgiving and kept reassuring me that it was okay and even found a bright side to the whole thing...she gets to bake some more tomorrow after school!!

3 comments:

C & T Bishop Blog said...

Aw,how sweet of Blaire!!! Wish I was there to help eat a few. :)
aunt t

Traci K said...

Oh dear! Glad Blaire enjoys life's little "kitchen mishaps" too! The receipe sounds great! I get a kick out of Scott measuring the garden, but then again, I know Tim would do the same thing...you're definitely married to a Sansom!:)

All American Family said...

awww..I felt like I should have recieved the badge for "world's worst Mom" this weekend too. Glad Blaire took the high road and saw the "opportunity" that came with the flop. ;) Y'all must be putting the right things into your girls.