Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Run Like The Wind!

Brooke is on the track team at school and they had their first meet this afternoon. She had one event today and will have one tomorrow. She runs the mile and will also run one of the relays, though I'm not certain which one. Today's event was the mile and she came in second out of about 12 to 15 7th and 8th grade girls. I have to admire those kids running four times around the track without stopping to rest! I might could make it once or one and a half times without stopping to catch my breath but four times!?!? You'd probably have to take me off the field on a stretcher. ha It was fun to watch the kids, though.

3 comments:

C & T Bishop Blog said...

Great job, Brooke!! We're cheering for ya in Kansas!! ;)

Sheila said...

Wow- good job, Brooke!

Gloria said...

Wow, there must be something in the Carlile blood line that makes our kids run so fast. Cameron and Lindsay are also like streaks of lightening in track. That is great Brooke and I wish I could just make it around one time. Now that would be cause for celebration!!! Looking for an update on todays run.